Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Eating Popcorn

Christians are often so caught up in pretenses that they forget what loving God really means in practice. I have been away from my church on and off for the past two months in Mississippi and I have to tell you that it has been what I have needed the most. Sometimes people do not appreciate you until you are gone...well accept for the children. God has truly blessed me with their love and acceptance.

I love my church, but have been disappointed by the way politics have taken over. Now, to be honest, I know that this is not just something that happens at my church but is rampant within the denomination and most other churches or non-denominations. It just creates an environment where I find myself not wanting to do anything else directly related within the church, but just sit back and "eat popcorn"! Not out of arrogance, but out of the Elijah on Mt. Carmel principle.

I serve within the the community and privately, but become turned off by the nepotism, favortism, and non-scrptural way we do things in the Name of Satan, rather than the Name of God.

Simplysaved

No comments: